The United Nations’ “Transforming Our World: The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development” is one of the most ambitious and important global agreements in recent history.
There are 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which were adopted by the UN in 2015 to provide a framework to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
The SDGs comprise a wide range of complex social, economic, and environmental challenges through adequate transformations in how societies and economies act and how we interact with our planet Earth. Given their unique influential position in society, universities have a critical role to play in the achievement of the SDGs through education, research, operation, innovation and community leadership. These can be achieved on global, national and local community levels.
MSA University wishes to help all its students and all its affiliates to develop a well-rounded understanding of how global challenges need to be addressed.
This will be achieved through inspiring its students and other affiliates to define their aims in life, mission and legacy through the integration of the 17 UNESCO 2030 goals in all their future plans.
To familiarize yourself with the SDGs, please check the following Videos on Sustainable Development Goals:
- THE 17 GOALS | Sustainable Development (un.org)
- Sustainable Development Goals: Improve Life All Around The Globe - YouTube
- The United Nations Sustainable Development Summit: 17 Goals to Transform Our World - YouTube
- The Sustainable Development Goals – Action Towards 2030 | CAFOD and SDGs - YouTube
- How We Can Make the World a Better Place by 2030 | Michael Green | TED Talks - YouTube