The programme aims to:
- Provide students with a coherent body of knowledge in two growth areas namely: Management and Systems.
- Provide the students with extended opportunities to gain knowledge in digital economy subjects like IT and e-commerce.
- Equip the students with the skills needed to deal with the business world of the 21st century where technology is becoming detrimental to their success at global business.
- Develop the students’ technical abilities to analyze, design, and implement agile IS solutions in various areas of management.
- Prepare the students for a career that involves the management of technology or business management in an environment of continuous change and technological evolution.
- Prepare the students for lifelong learning.
On behalf of our instructors and teaching assistants I would like to welcome you to the Management Information Systems Programme. I trust you will find your programme of study enjoyable; and that the knowledge and skills that you will gain at MSA will be both satisfying and rewarding. Our programme offers a BA (Hons) in Management and Systems.
The programme offers you knowledge and skills in two growth areas, namely Management and Systems. Not only will you learn how to use computer and information system to fulfill certain managerial responsibilities, but also you will have the chance to enhance your ability to analyze, design, and implement any type of management system. This is not limited to computer systems but goes beyond that to prepare you to work as a System's Consultant where you can apply all topics studied in this programme to assist different managers of organizations to achieve their objectives to help the organization gain a competitive edge in the market, and mostly to make reliable and rational decisions.
When you complete this programme you will have hands on experience in the field of Management, and at the same time have thorough understanding of systems concepts and information technology management. If you are interested to pursue your career in either the management stream or the systems stream, you will achieve it by joining our programme.
In your studies, you will have the guidance and support of a professional and highly competent team of academic staff. Project work and field trips will also give you insights into the practical world.
Finally, as a Programme Leader, I am available at any time along with other staff members to give you all the support and advice you will need during your academic progress. Best of luck in your studies.
Programme Coordinator.Ghada Aly
The programme is studied over a minimum of four years (2 semesters per year namely Fall and Spring Semester with the Summer as being optional). In order to graduate, you have to successfully complete all modules with a total of 135 credit hours.
The programme is divided into study units called modules. Each module, on average, has a load of 3 credits. Modules are set at levels 1,2,3,4 indicating progressively more advanced studies. A student can't register in a module unless he has passed all prerequisite modules. This system of perquisites is used to ensure that a student taking a module has undertaken the necessary preparatory work. The aims and outcomes of each module contribute to the overall aims and outcomes of the programme.
Management Information Systems Programme – Four Years Plan :
CareersThe programme prepares students for a wide variety of future careers. Students typically join IT firms, banks, multinational corporations in various industries, Ministry of Telecommunications, and consulting firms; students may choose to specialize by continuing their education at the Master’s level or at professional degrees.
MSA University is always keen to offer its students a competitive edge to compliment their Bachelor degrees. And because many students are interested to acquire a strong foundation in many areas of study, MSA University decided to introduce minors that will be of interest to MSAians with high academic achievement, in many exciting areas.
Earning a minor allows students to address their diverse academic interests and develop extra skills, which for a future employer is very important to show that they have a second area of expertise. The student can chose a minor that goes in handy with the student’s major or a minor that is in a totally different field to add excitement to their studying experience at MSA. For example, if you’re an Engineering student, how about taking up a Management minor? You sure would like to open up your own business one day, and you’ll certainly need to learn more about organizational management and how to become a great leader.
It's a very flexible way to plan ahead and combine their areas of interest and save time and money in their years of university study; it only consists of 5 courses. The only requirement is a minimum of CGPA 2.00 in the first year in university.
It’s worthy to mention that taking a minor will extend the student’s regular graduation time by one semester.
Chose a minor and stand out!
Management Information Systems major can choose one of the following minors:
1. Accounting Minor:
- Intermediate Accounting I – FAC202
- Cost Accounting I – FAC203
- Intermediate Accounting II – FAC302
- Intermediate Accounting II – FAC302
- Optional Modules (two module =3 credit hours each):
- Advanced Accounting – FAC305
- Auditing I – FAC306
- Current Issues in Accounting – FAC408
2. Economics Minor:
- Money and Banking – ECO303
- International Trade – ECO403
- Economic Planning and Project Evaluation – ECO409
- Optional Modules (two module = 3 credit hours each):
- Public Finance – ECO306
- Labor Economics – ECO308
- Environmental Economics – ECO412
3. Finance Minor:
- Essentials of Accounting II – FAC201
- Corporate Finance - FAC314
- Investment and portfolio Management – FAC411
- International Finance – FAC410
- Banking Management – FAC415
4. Marketing Minor:
- Marketing Analysis and Planning – MKT202
- Marketing Research – MKT301
- Advertising and Media Campaign – MKT402
- Sales Management – MKT403
- Optional Modules (one module = 3 credit hours):
Note: Students must take five courses above their standard curriculum. Kindly refer to the Student Affairs Office for more information.
- Buyer Behavior – MKT302
- Managing Distribution Channels – MKT306
- International Marketing – MKT401