The Faculty of Engineering at MSA University aims to promote each student’s capacity, ability, creativity and imagination when approaching future engineering problems. They also aim to increase the students understanding, awareness and appreciation of the social impact of technology. This will help orient future engineers to lead successful and professional careers worldwide. The Engineering programs seek to provide all students with the skills and tools that would facilitate faster advancement into management positions. This is mostly accomplished by:
- Blending rigorous foundation in Mathematics, Basic Sciences, Engineering Fundamentals, and Systems Engineering in various disciplines.
- Effectively using computers in communication, computation and design.
- Understanding the uncertainties involved in engineering systems by utilizing probability, statistical, and stochastic techniques.
- Working in broad multi-disciplinary team environments.
- Broadening students' horizons through the study of social sciences and humanities.
- Exposing students to man/machine systems, which will result in quick advancement into management positions.
MSA University uses English as the language of instruction. Consequently, all engineering students applying to one of its programs must provide evidence of their academic English proficiency. Otherwise, a New English Placement Test (NEPT) must be taken by the candidate students, which allows MSA to determine their English language proficiency.
- Applicants should have the "Thanaweya Amma", IGCSE, American Diploma, or equivalent certificates.
- Transferred students from accredited universities are also considered for enrolment.
MSA aims to encourage students to improve their abilities and make use of their unique areas of strength. MSA selects a limited number of students to be accepted in the Faculty of Engineering to guarantee a challenging learning environment in which students develop their analytical skills and creative abilities.
MSA Engineering disciplines provide unique advantages amongst which are the following:
- The most up-to-date curricula in various disciplines.
- Emphasis on computers, Internet, scientific trips, mini-projects and educational videos throughout most engineering courses.
- Availability of modern laboratories to perform various experiments.
- An optimum educational environment, facilitated by a low student-to-teacher ratio, which results in a good relationship between students and their instructors and assistants.
- Available connections and opportunities with British and American Universities.
- Use of international scientific English textbooks.
- Access to a top quality staff, all of which have experience in applying state-of-the-art learning and teaching methods as well as experience in the real-world.
- The validation by University of Greenwich for MSA Engineering programs provides our students with the opportunity to receive a British B.Sc. degree in their disciplines.
The Faculty of Engineering at October University for Modern Sciences and Arts expects to be among the leading Engineering Faculties, as an educational, research, and societal organization; and works for the provision of distinguished knowledgeable, skillful, and professional graduating engineers to fulfill the needs of the local, regional, and international markets, enabling its graduates to take leading roles in economic growth and advancing the national wealth.
The Faculty of Engineering at October University for Modern Sciences and Arts strives for offering unique engineering educational programs with breadth, depth, and diversity; providing a highly committed caliber academic staff in educational, research, and societal fields; developing students with creative thinking, and innovative imagination; having technological, intellectual, and professional skills, equipped with design qualifications, technological capabilities, and managerial abilities; and distinguished with social and ethical sense, which would lead to creative solutions to solve societal problems.
University, Faculty, and Students Activities: