Job Title: Camp Counselor
Counselors are the heart of the camp. Their job is to present an exciting, encouraging and enthusiastic camp experience for each camper. Each counselor is in charge of 7-8 campers.
S/he is responsible of their general emotional and physical well-being, as well as, their active contribution in the different camp activities. Moreover, counselors, according to their skills and talents, are responsible for leading and assisting in the different specialty activities of the camp.
A counselor, at different times, is a teacher, a parent, a brother/sister, and a best friend!
- Looking for individuals with good moral character, patience and a high level of maturity and skills. Prior experience working with children is preferred.
- The ability to be sensitive to the needs of all the campers is a very important aspect of a good camp counselor. Camp counselors must be able to read verbal and nonverbal signals from within their groups
- At least 16 years of age.
- Experience as a camper or working with children as a leader or assistant leader is preferred.
- A basic understanding of children ages 4-12.
- An ability and energy to develop an up-beat and positive relationship with children.
- Leadership and supervisory skills.
- A desire and commitment to work with children and a real concern for the safety and well-being of others.
- Excellent role model for children with high moral standards, including no alcohol, drugs, smoking or inappropriate language.
- Accepting of diversity and the ability to treat all campers and staff fairly and with integrity.
- A First-Aid certificate is an asset.
- Loves fun and the outdoors!
- Day(s) off / Week: Friday and Saturday
- Working hours / day: 8:00 am till 4:30 pm
- Location: Smash El Khamayel / Katameya
- Duration of Internship: Mid June till end of August.