Industrial Systems Engineering (ISE) is concerned with the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of material, equipment, manpower, energy, information and technology, among all other inputs. The programme aims to:
- Provide a flexible and versatile route through the Industrial Engineering area. Students can acquire practical expertise in a wide and more varied background by choosing their own minor in either Engineering Manufacturing or Engineering Management.
- Provide considerable understanding and confidence in the Engineering Manufacturing and Engineering Management areas.
- Enhance the personal and professional development of individual students.
- Develop the necessary knowledge and skills to prepare students for a career in the industrial and service sector for further study.
- Develop the intellectual and practical skills necessary for the students in the Industrial Engineering area.
- Provide support for a multinational base and local institutions.
Because of the wide range of studying areas, such as design, manufacturing, production planning, quality, operations research in addition to verities of elective courses, the student is equipped with a wide career range. The careers range from an industrial engineer in production firms to an industrial manager. Also the industrial engineering graduate has 22 work opportunities in different productive and services establishments.
Welcome from the Department's Head:
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the industrial engineering department at October University for Modern Sciences and Arts (MSA).Industrial Systems Engineering Department offers high quality education based on the Egyptian and British Quality Assurance Standards which allow students to perform at high academic level and allow our graduates to prove high performance and creativity levels for future managerial leaders nationally and internationally.It is my pleasure to welcome you to the industrial engineering department at October University for Modern Sciences and Arts (MSA).Industrial Systems Engineering Department offers high quality education based on the Egyptian and British Quality Assurance Standards which allow students to perform at high academic level and allow our graduates to prove high performance and creativity levels for future managerial leaders nationally and internationally.
Our curriculum provides the students with outstanding scientific and technical competence to enable them to contribute to the developments of the industrial and service sectors.
Industrial Systems Engineering students are introduced to a broad spectrum of Industrial Systems Engineering topics augmented by modern engineering experimentation, methodology, and practice. The interaction of management with various inputs to the manufacturing and service systems are like a piece of a puzzle.
Finding the best fit takes creativity and a great deal of technical knowledge. Once it all comes together, there is an improved productivity, efficiency, quality, and safety. As a result, business save time, effort, and money.
Dr. Mohamed Elsaed Hassan.
Head of Industrial Engineering Department.
An Overview of the Program:
The program includes a number of courses and each course has a specific weight in credit hours.
- On average, each course has a weight of 3 credit hours.
- In addition to the first year as being a general year to all programs, the advancement through the program courses is distributed progressively throughout the four-year plan.
- Students cannot register for a course unless the course’s prerequisites are met.
- In order for a student to graduate from the program, he/she has to successfully complete all the required courses for this program plus the general year, with a total of 168 credit hours.
- Students can complete all required credit hours over a minimum of 4 years when enrolled for 2 semesters each year, Fall and Spring. The Summer semester is optional and offered for a limited number of courses.